What is CBD (Cannabidiol)?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that has been used all over the world for hundreds of years to address pain, inflammation, and various skin conditions. CBD is one of the many active compounds present in industrial hemp. These active compounds are referred to as cannabinoids. CBD is the most dominant cannabinoid in hemp, constituting up to 40% of hemp extract. CBD acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent, and a muscle relaxer. It’s thought to decrease anxiety and have a calming effect.
How do I use Frejaa’s Body Balm?
Our topical Body Balm can be used anywhere you need a little TLC and soothing relief. We’ve used it for sore muscles, achy joints, inflamed skin and even bug bites. Just rub a small amount on your affected areas and reapply as necessary. Smelling great is just a side benefit! We have included some suggested uses* to consider below:
- Muscle Soreness & Joint Pain: You may have had a tough workout or strained yourself doing a mundane task. Your muscles and joints could benefit from a light massage and the anti-inflammation benefits of Body Balm.
- Overworked Fingers & Hands: Give yourself a mini hand massage during or after a long day at the computer or your desk. Be sure to include your wrists and forearms.
- Evening Relaxation: gently rub a bit of Body Balm on your temples & jaw to help unwind.
- Monthly discomfort: our bodies’ go through cycles of inflammation, water retention, pain and stress. Applying Frejaa topically to the skin between your belly button and hip bones may help alleviate some discomfort by reducing inflammation.
- Morning Wake Up: sometimes our faces, especially the skin under our eyes, are puffy in the morning. A little Frejaa may help reduce puffiness.
- Bumps & Bruises: We’ve used Frejaa on small bites, bumps, bruises, scratches, mild burns and cuts after cleaning the area thoroughly and observed faster recovery than normal.
*Always check with your doctor if you have a serious condition or injury and discontinue use if your body has a negative reaction.
More about CBD
Is CBD legal?
Hemp-derived CBD is legal, yes. The 2018 Farm Bill reconfirmed Congress's commitment to protecting the research and production of hemp and its derivatives. While marijuana and hemp are both members of the cannabis family, the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) each plant produces differs materially. While marijuana can contain up to 30% THC, hemp contains no more than 0.3% THC. Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive.
Are Frejaa products safe?
Yes, our CBD extract is derived from hemp farms that use only certified Organic, Non-GMO hemp and employ sustainable harvesting practices. Our products are tracked by lot and tested to confirm that no dangerous bacteria or heavy metals are present and that our organics are indeed pesticide free. Finally, the testing confirms the amount of cannabinoids and terpenes in each product to ensure no more than 0.3% THC is present. All products are produced in a GMP (good manufacturing practices) certified facility. Our first product is Body Balm in a Bulgarian Rose scent. The ingredients include: coconut, shea butter, and CBD derived from Certified Organic, non-GMO, US-grown hemp farms that use sustainable farming practices.